Presented by: Nuwan Kumarasiri
Room: Nicholas Hall (2080)
Time: 1:00-1:20 PM
Go is a general purpose programming language that makes it easy to build simple, reliable, and efficient software. Go is open source and free to download. This talk is about the story of a developer who starts to learn Go by using it to write a large program. Topics will include:
- why should be we learn Go?
- what kind of software can be written in Go ?
- a few of the language features
- writing modular Go code and testing
- dependency management
- building and deploying
- how to start and what tool/IDE to use
I want to generate some interest that will help make the Go language part of a developer’s tool belt and some tips that will help the audience get started with the Go programming language.